This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld build configured with additional targets is broken
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 17:21:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld build configured with additional targets is broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 04.11.2016 15:00, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> OK - I have checked in a patch to remove support for $PLATFORM in rpath
> search strings. This seems to be the safest thing to do, as I was never
> sure that the support would actually be correct anyway.
> 2016-11-04 Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * emultempl/elf32.em (search_needed): Remove use of getauxval and
> inclusion of <sys/auxv.h>. Replace support for $PLATFORM with a
> warning message.
> * configure.ac (AC_CHECK_FUNCS): Remove getauxval.
> * configure: Regenerate.
> * config.in: Regenerate.
thanks, but there still seems to be another issue, now seen on x86_64-linux-gnu
as well. Filed as PR20784.