This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Deprecating and removing old targets
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Harry Reed <doon386 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 09:14:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: Deprecating and removing old targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> On 03 Nov 2016, at 18:10, Harry Reed <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've been a lurker here for a while, but decided now to chime in. The old National Semiconductor ns32k CPU lives on as a recent FPGA (re)implementation - (see: http://cpu-ns32k.net/ and http://opencores.org/project,m32632). The ns32k was mentioned as a candidate for removal, but I would like to request that it stay due to the resurrection of this old friend.
> If you need a volunteer for maintaining the ns32k port I'll happily step-in.
What about submitting a first patch that un-deprecates it ?