This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com (Peter Bergner)
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves), amodra at gmail dot com (Alan Modra), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org (binutils)
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 17:41:25 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Peter Bergner wrote:
> On 11/3/16 6:01 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
> > On 10/28/2016 03:53 PM, Peter Bergner wrote:
> > BTW, I'm also not sure about saying "default" in "show disassembler-options".
> > I don't think "set disassembler-options default" would work?
> > Do we still need that given the option is no longer described in
> > terms of cpus?
> Uli and I discussed this here:
> Uli didn't like (at least the way the code was written in the earlier
> patch) how I was trying to initialize the disassembler_options
> to a default. He thought that just leaving disassembler_options NULL
> and letting the arch choose its default was best. That's when I added
> the code to emit "default" whenever disassembler_options is NULL.
I think more in line with other options would be to just output
the empty string if the option is not (yet) set:
(gdb) show sysroot
The current system root is "".
(gdb) show args
Argument list to give program being debugged when it is started is "".
This would also match the behavior that by just using
without argument you can get back to that original setting.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain