This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCHv3 2/7] arc/gas: default mach is arc700, initialised in md_begin
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com, Cupertino dot Miranda at synopsys dot com, noamca at mellanox dot com, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 09:57:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCHv3 2/7] arc/gas: default mach is arc700, initialised in md_begin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <cover dot 1458082098 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <fe6a3c0d1d3ad7282db218966d7fe474e1b8e99c dot 1458082098 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
> * testsuite/binutils-all/objdump.exp (cpus_expected): Add ARC700
> to the architecture list.
> * config/tc-arc.c (arc_target): Delay initialisation until
> (arc_target_name): Likewise.
> (arc_features): Likewise.
> (arc_mach_type): Likewise.
> (cpu_types): Remove "all" entry.
> (arc_select_cpu): New function, most of the content is from...
> (md_parse_option): ... here. Call new arc_select_cpu.
> (md_begin): Call arc_select_cpu if needed, default is now arc700.
> * opcode/arc.h (ARC_OPCODE_BASE): Delete.
> * arc-opc.c (BASE): Delete.
Approved - please apply.
(Note - to save space in emails, it is customary to omit the patch(es)
to ChangeLog entries. The text should already be in the body of the email
so there is no need to repeat the changes in the patch itself. Also,
given the pace at which the sources change, it is often impossible to
apply a patch to a ChangeLog entry without manual intervention).