This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[Patch, testsuite, avr] Make testcase pass for long source file paths
- From: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:25:52 +0530
- Subject: [Patch, testsuite, avr] Make testcase pass for long source file paths
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This trivial patch fixes a test failure that shows up if the source
file path is long.
objdump skips the "CU :" prefix and the directory part when printing
source file path for a CU's line number table, but the testcase
always expects it to be present. Since it doesn't really validate
anything in that line, I've relaxed the regex to only look for a
And no, the --wide option doesn't help - the printing happens in
dwarf.c, which uses a do_wide variable that isn't set from objdump.
If this is ok, could someone commit please? I don't have commit access.
2016-03-17 Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <email@example.com>
* ld-avr/gc-section-debugline.d: Relax regex check
for CU :.
diff --git a/ld/testsuite/ld-avr/gc-section-debugline.d b/ld/testsuite/ld-avr/gc-section-debugline.d
index 147ae42..5daf915 100644
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
Decoded dump of debug contents of section .debug_line:
File name Line number Starting address
per-function-debugline.s 39 0
Sent with my mu4e