Re: [patch] support reading DATA members in ILF format DLL import libraries

[resending due to mail client issues]

On Feb 1, 2016 5:47 AM, "Nick Clifton" <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Nathaniel,
>

>> The attached patch provides a simple fix.
>

> Thanks for reporting the problem and providing this patch.
>

>> I haven't signed FSF paperwork -- not sure whether it's needed for a
>> change this small.
>

> It is not, and so I have checked the patch in.

Thanks!

>> But I can if needed.
>

> Well, we would really like it if you did.  In fact even better would be if you signed the paperwork and then contributed a patch to add a testcase to check that the patch works... :-)

I am not necessarily opposed, but I've failed to find any public
information on how to do the paperwork thing (except: "ask a
maintainer, they'll tell you"), and also failed to even find a test
suite for this code, so I'm afraid there is some basic hand holding
that may be required here :-)

-n