Re: differences in generated ldscripts for native and cross builds

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 06:06:44PM +0100, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Alan Modra wrote:
> > Where we might get into trouble is on systems that use old startup
> > files lacking code to call constructor function pointers in
> > .init_array.  For glibc that means 2002 vintage code, I think.
>
> I just noticed this change broke spu-elf; most newlib targets (with
> the sole exception of ARM/AArch64) still do not support .init_array.
> But I guess at this point I can live with having to specify
> --disable-initfini-array when building current binutils for SPU ...

That's a pain.  I did glance over current newlib before making the
change, and saw configure tests for init_array plus
newlib/libc/misc/init.c:__libc_init_array.  I didn't notice that
__libc_init_array is only used on arm/aarch4.  :-(

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM