This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: fracting at gmail dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:18:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: MinGW ld from msys2 crashes on Wine when linking MinGW xz, valgrind reports "Invalid read of size 4"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sZQ+hUKLTP=PUbHUbBZur6m=MPOrB9Un0puyv6EmDVRfEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <562E6105 dot 4030103 at redhat dot com> <CALd+sZT-Ce9LFaNhfo3Q6vzpZJ3CcOgYhabuB_2OGgp80gK6ig at mail dot gmail dot com>
I'm glad to test the development version, it would take me some time
to build binutils itself. I'll report a bug later when I successfully
reproduce it with newer binutils.
I can't reproduce it with small test case right now, I'll start from
the large test case and investigate further, if there is any hints how
to create a small test case from large test case that would be great
Ah - this can be quite difficult. If you are lucky then it is just one
object file in the link that is causing the problem, so you can try
removing files one by one from the linker command line, making sure that
the failure still occurs. If that does not work, then it will probably
be best just to stick with the large test case. Just make sure to
include the linker command line that is needed and all the object files
and libraries that are involved.