Re: differences in generated ldscripts for native and cross builds

Hi!

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:04:21 +0000, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> > > can't we make this smarter ?  this feature has been around for quite
> > > a long time now.  seems crazy that the default is to disable these
> > > when cross-compiling.
> >
> > Yes, the default should be ON for Linux targets.
>
> Thomas, I think you had plans to work on that at some point....

Yes, in 2012-07...  :-| Unfortunately, that never happened, and is very
unlikely to be happening anytime soon.

> As I said in <https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-11/msg00619.html> I
> think it should be on by default for ELF targets, not limited to GNU/Linux
> or GNU targets.

Yes, per my notes,
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3C20120118232441.GO18768%40tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com%3E>
and