Re: Resolving symbols in dependent libraries

> I'd like to be able to link my program by just referring to a.so, and
> have it know to look in b.so to resolve B():

In Solaris, you could do this by making a.so a filter library,
re-exporting the symbol B from b.so. It's a nice feature that allows
the vendor to split shared libraries and move symbols around without
breaking compatibility, and would be nice to have on Linux.

-cary