This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold commit] PR gold/18696: Fix internal error when linking an archive library with no preceding objects
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 12:56:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold commit] PR gold/18696: Fix internal error when linking an archive library with no preceding objects
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJimCsGZ+bx7ybsLZ85D4eOJcFnnLECdGJFQ2AEOkexuPhHy9A at mail dot gmail dot com>
Sorry, that should have been PR gold/18698.
On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
> I've committed the following patch to fix an internal error in gold,
> when an archive library is the first item seen on the link line. Gold
> doesn't determine the target until it sees the first object file, but
> when searching an archive library, we want to know what the default
> entry point is, which is target dependent.
> 2015-07-21 Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR gold/18696
> * archive.cc (Library_base::should_include_member): Don't use entry
> point for relocatable links, or if target is not yet valid.
> * parameters.cc (Parameters::entry): Check target_valid().