This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] config: fix AM_ICONV for in-tree libiconv
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:52:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] config: fix AM_ICONV for in-tree libiconv
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1432934749 dot 13692 dot 9 dot camel at redhat dot com> <1435783562 dot 10408 dot 6 dot camel at redhat dot com>
On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 15:46 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 16:25 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > This is the second in a series of patches to make a build with an
> > in-tree GNU libiconv work as designed.
> > Currently GDB is the only toolchain component which actually uses an
> > in-tree libiconv. This patch modifies the common AM_ICONV to use an
> > in-tree libiconv when present and not already provided by libc. (GDB's
> > workaround uses an in-tree libiconv even when libc provides iconv(3);
> > I'm not sure when or why that would be desirable.)
> > Once these two patches are merged in to each tree, I will follow with
> > patches to regenerate the various configure scripts and a few other
> > minor corresponding changes.
> This patch was bootstrapped in conjunction with the toplevel libiconv
> patch. I don't have write permissions to either repository, so please
> apply once approved.
Ditto for this patch, which regenerates intl/configure for the changes
Associate Software Engineer, ARM
Red Hat, Inc.