This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Correct logic for "defined by object"
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 05:10:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: Correct logic for "defined by object"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141223124131 dot GB4313 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOr_z64ZWtbSOwF_GT_-p5Sn-QE4KKKg0s6MVPFU3jPLEA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141223130605 dot GF4313 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 5:06 AM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 04:46:29AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> No testcase?
> No. This patch wasn't in response to a bug report or from observing
> wrong linker behaviour myself. In fact, I don't think you can write a
> testcase that fails with the old code and passes with the new, due to
> the way def->by_object is used. The patch was really just a tidy.
So this patch won't change linker behavior in any way whatsoever.
Basically the setting of def->by_object is unused.