This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, FT32] initial support
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: James Bowman <james dot bowman at ftdichip dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:15:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, FT32] initial support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA9BBF0458F83C4F9051448B941B57D1165412CC at glaexch1>
config.sub should never be patched locally in binutils-gdb; you need to
get the change into config.git then propose an import of the updated
config.sub into binutils-gdb.
Your toplevel configure.ac and configure changes don't match (that is, the
configure change does not look like a correct regeneration after changing
configure.ac). Furthermore, I refactored the disabling of subdirectories
for particular targets in toplevel configure.ac some years ago; you're
modifying the section for disabling libgcj, but the disabling of other
subdirectories you also have in the patch needs to go elsewhere in
configure.ac (whether in the target-libstdc++-v3 section, or the
The GDB (and sim) port needs submitting to gdb-patches.
Do you have a reason for not using an official e_machine value obtained
I'd expect a binutils port to include at least some readelf changes.
Joseph S. Myers