Re: secureplt breaks ld on Alpha Linux

On 09/01/2014 08:09 AM, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> So, what exactly should be done? Can we hack ld so that if filename is
> "libots.so", lazy binding for symbols in this library is turned off
> automatically?

Not hack ld.so.

Modify the libots.so binary such that _OtsZero is STT_NOTYPE.  The linker will
not create a plt entry unless the symbol is STT_FUNC.

I see that most of the _Ots symbols are already NOTYPE.  I wonder if this is
intentional and _OtsZero just got forgotten, or if it's a happy oversight in
that they forgot to annotate them entirely.

r~