This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- From: Kyle McMartin <kmcmarti at redhat dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:30:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] set DF_STATIC_TLS when emitting IE relocs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140512171906 dot GA21081 at redacted dot bos dot redhat dot com> <CANu=DmhEDNSfXxa9=0KYo0vroNFUJfx=hTUXDD0sWTf=bk34+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140513141431 dot GA25518 at redacted dot bos dot redhat dot com> <53A02197 dot 4060208 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:08:07PM +0100, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> Hi Kyle,
> >>In the aarch64 version we test the got_type after merging TLS methods
> >>but in the arm version we test before. Is there a reason for that? Can
> >>it make any difference? We should probably be consistent in any case.
> >I'll fix this to be consistent between the two. It shouldn't make any
> >difference because we never clear the TLS_IE flag.
> >>Is it possible to write a test for this?
> >Yeah, I'll resubmit with a test case as soon as I finish writing a
> >testcase for another TLS issue in glibc. :/
> Has there been any progress on this ?
Sorry, I've been horribly busy with other things... I'll send an update