This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2] bfd/elfnn-aarch64.c: Fix calculation of DT_RELASZ
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 07:39:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] bfd/elfnn-aarch64.c: Fix calculation of DT_RELASZ
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1395330368-19311-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org>
On 20 March 2014 15:46, Will Newton <email@example.com> wrote:
> The current code subtracts the size of the output section containing
> relplt from RELASZ. In some cases this will be the same output
> section as the dynamic relocs causing a value of zero to be output.
> Calculating the size from input sections seems to make more sense.
> 2014-03-20 Will Newton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * elfnn-aarch64.c (elfNN_aarch64_finish_dynamic_sections):
> Set value of DT_PLTRELSZ and DT_RELASZ based on the size
> of input sections rather than output sections.
OK, go ahead, thanks Will. /Marcus