This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: using linker symbols in assembly .S file
- From: Kameron Larsen <kroylar at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:14:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: using linker symbols in assembly .S file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO+8wm_ELRNG1PKCFVom4PUN2PMLSJwHYnWi8p4i4D907iq-DA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140313001022 dot GY26922 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 04:43:30PM -0700, Kameron Larsen wrote:
>> However, I can use objdump -d on the u-boot
>> binary to see that the value being filled in for _text is not
>> 0x40000000 but instead some other number.
> Are there dynamic relocations on those locations?
I don't believe so, but how would I know for sure? -Bstatic is used in
the linking command.