This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: odd build failure in ld
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 10:09:36 +1030
- Subject: Re: odd build failure in ld
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r46jaxjy dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <53160CB9 dot 8050904 at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 05:26:17PM +0000, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> >I am building on x86-64 Fedora 18. I use --enable-targets=all.
> > ../binutils/windres -o default-manifest.o ../../binutils-gdb/ld/emultempl/default-manifest.rc
> > ../binutils/windres: can't get BFD_RELOC_RVA relocation type: No error
> My snafu - I have removed the default-manifest from an all-targets
> build which will fix the problem for now. Long term I need to come
> up with a better solution which will work for toolchains configured
> with multiple targets.
>From my poking around yesterday, I think you'll need at least two
versions of default-manifest.o, one for 64-bit and one for 32-bit.
Then again, I could be totally wrong which is why I didn't try to fix
Australia Development Lab, IBM