Re: copyright dates in binutils (and includes/)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> I should mention, however, that for us to use ranges like this,
> the FSF asked us to add a note explaining that the copyright years
> could be abbreviated into a range. See gdb/README (at the end).
> I suspect that you'll need the same note for binutils.

And, where a gap in the years is being implicitly filled in by conversion
to a range, make sure that either (a) there was a public version control
repository for binutils during that year, or (b) there was a release
(including beta releases, Cygnus releases etc., not just official
releases) during that year.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com