This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Assembler as shared library
- From: Philip Herron <redbrain at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:09:54 +0000
- Subject: Assembler as shared library
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am working on the jit branch of GCC and investigating how it could
be possible to use binutils as a shared library to assmlble code.
Currently it calls as and ld to create a .so and using dlopen.
Reading "Most of these programs use BFD, the Binary File Descriptor
library, to do low-level manipulation. Many of them also use the
opcodes library to assemble and disassemble machine instructions."
But i can find any where to start to make a little mini assembler