This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- From: "eljedi ." <eljedi at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:57:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: 65816
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANW-Qq7jyberXCJJssOU1XcEOkT6rT8aXRpO1eTL8A-miot4mQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20D600D3-3CEE-40B6-B0EB-70ACD19A81CB at adacore dot com>
The w65 is only for fun during my free times (hombrew on snes)
I'm interested in gas (ASM). Why do I need an old version of binutils?
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Tristan Gingold <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2013, at 12:36, eljedi . <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Hello List,
>> I was about to play with gas and w65816. I can configure it with no problem:
>> ../binutils-gdb/configure --target=w65816
>> But when compiling I get this message:
>> $ make
>> This target is no longer supported in gas
>> make: *** [configure-gas] Error 1
>> As I saw, w65 support uses coff file formart. Readme says binutils has
>> support for coff.
>> Am I doing something wrong?
> Try to configure with --disable-gas
> or use an old version of binutils.
> (Not sure why you are interested in w65...)