This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Make PE images deterministic by default.
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Cory Fields <cory at coryfields dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:13:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Make PE images deterministic by default.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385050211-5242-1-git-send-email-cory at coryfields dot com>
2013-11-21 Cory Fields <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* bfd/libcoff-in.h: Add insert_timestamp flag to the pe_data struct.
* bfd/libcoff.h: Update after change to bfd/libcoff-in.h.
* bfd/peXXigen.c (_bfd_XXi_only_swap_filehdr_out): Only use a real
timestamp if --insert-timestamp was used.
* ld/pe-dll.c (fill_edata): Likewise.
* ld/emultempl/pe.em: Add the --insert-timestamp option.
* ld/emultempl/pep.em: Likewise for 64bit.
* ld/ld.texinfo: Document the --insert-timestamp option.
Approved - please apply - but ...
Strictly speaking there should be *two* changelog entries accompanying
this patch. One for bfd/ChangeLog and one for ld/ChangeLog. Plus there
should be no modification to the binutils/ChangeLog file as this is for
additions to that sub-directory.
It would be nice if at some point in the future you could create a
couple of testcases to make sure that this new functionality continues
to work into the future.