This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gprof: print source file names inline
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Conrad Hoffmann <ch at bitfehler dot net>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:16:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gprof: print source file names inline
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528A68A0 dot 5010405 at bitfehler dot net>
Thanks for the patch. Sorry for taking so long to reply. To answer
- Any interest at all in such an addition?
- What changes may be required in terms of style, naming conventions,
Nope - the patch is fine. The only thing missing was a changelog entry,
but I have provided that.
- If the previous items are resolved, can patches be contributed by
mail or should I set up a repo that you can pull & merge from?
By mail is fine. In fact I will take this email as the contribution.
I have applied the patch along with the changelog entry below.
2013-11-21 Conrad Hoffmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gprof.c (inline_file_names): New variable.
(long_options): Add --inline-file-names.
(main): Process --inline-file-names.
* gprof.h: Add prototype for inline_file_names.
* utils.c (print_name_only): Handle inline_file_names.
* gprof.texi: Document new command line option.