This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Update pstate register table to have flags
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>, "gingold at adacore dot com" <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:12:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Update pstate register table to have flags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528C7EBD dot 30006 at arm dot com>
On 20/11/13 09:19, Yufeng Zhang wrote:
> This patch addresses the issue where error messages for deprecated
> system register names were issued when parsing a PSTATE value. Nick
> patched the assembler by tweaking the parsing function here:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-11/msg00216.html. This stops the
> assembler to complain but the underlying issue is that the pstate
> register table needs an update to have the same element type as the
> general system register table. This was overlooked when I prepared the
> patch to deprecate the alias system registers spsr_svc and spsr_hyp a
> couple of weeks ago:
> OK to revert Nick's patch and commit this for the mainline and 2_24 branch?
> * gas/aarch64/msr.s: Add tests.
> * gas/aarch64/msr.d: Update.
> * aarch64.h (aarch64_pstatefields): Change element type to
> * aarch64-opc.c (aarch64_pstatefields): Update.
Ok for mainline.
Ok for 2_24 if Tristan is happy.