This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix references to __ehdr_start when it cannot be defined
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:28:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix references to __ehdr_start when it cannot be defined
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAB=4xhrAu+MTMR2OTyxvSr-zUXdi=WC7-47AmuQqoVL3tOccvA at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1311080008160 dot 21686 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <CAB=4xhr_eQE41vMk1LAy4pEk7HUQC55QrddE7pvYp9AbijT+1w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131116074950 dot GG22514 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAB=4xhp8rKxzsmqtdfp15eUVhC1Yy5Jn=Og=9woxYhWpsAU+8A at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1311182343240 dot 21686 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <CAB=4xhr1Kr2NmgZ_69WZF2=UgMSQbUpqsiJGAkSNO95ZUCFpMg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > Thanks, I have tested it as well and I see no problems with it. However
> > I think in this case gold/layout.cc should be adjusted accordingly.
> I don't understand. In what case is gold now inconsistent?
> It already didn't perturb the visibility of a user-defined __ehdr_start.
OK, I misunderstood how it works then, sorry about that and thanks for
confirming it does the right thing.