This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 2.24 - Last call
- From: Cory Fields <cory at coryfields dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:33:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Release 2.24 - Last call
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2741C968-721F-46E9-A2BA-E4B0F64C444B at adacore dot com> <5278F8D7 dot 90006 at embedded-brains dot de> <E50EDC42-C322-4A87-BA8F-A8AAA18AE480 at adacore dot com> <20131115063535 dot GD22514 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <D4CD26A3-16DC-4F30-BEC2-7319BABCDAD7 at adacore dot com> <6708705A-CB55-4621-9FEA-A671F104009C at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOo_YSPXhxP4sZvCefOxzd+Yeia1dGEDaB8K7a6Zn9=cXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <D43E5250-867F-44E9-90FC-11209B0EA167 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOoXV=n6eL58MHrMrJFpO8WcT=1VDMmz+tMsUajSo75AzQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cory at coryfields dot com
Am I too late to request backports for determinism fixes? These are
very significant for security-minded tools like Tor, Bitcoin, etc,
where users by nature distrust the binaries in the wild. Changes
Also, this approved patch that is not yet applied:
Beyond that, there's one last change needed for ld that I could have
ready for review today if there's a chance of getting the above two in
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Nov 18, 2013, at 2:39 PM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> I have just uploaded prerelease 2.23.91 for binutils 2.24 at:
>>>> 4f05c9ec9f85f8b1463e6174ff525825 binutils-2.23.91.tar.bz2
>>>> This snapshot was sanity-checked for i686-pc-linux-gnu
>>>> If you have pending patches or patches to be backported, please speak now.
>>>> I plan to do the final release soon.
>>> I'd like to get
>>> into 2.24. Otherwise, gold in 2.24 won't be able to handle
>>> output from gas in 2.24.
>> Make sense !
>> Ok for the branch once committed on the trunk.
> I checked it into trunk and 2.24 branch.