This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold commit] PR gold/14860: Fix race condition.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:42:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: [gold commit] PR gold/14860: Fix race condition.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131114184538 dot C96BC1121182 at ccoutant-macbookpro2 dot roam dot corp dot google dot com>
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch fixes a race condition in Eh_frame_hdr::record_fde. When
> running multi-threaded, many Write_sections tasks may call record_fde_,
> which pushes an entry onto a shared vector. We need to hold a lock
> while modifying the vector.
I don't see how this could happen. I think there is only one Eh_frame
section, created in Layout::make_eh_frame_section. And I think the
only place that an FDE is written out is when the Eh_frame section is
written out, and I think that only happens once. What am I missing?
> + Hold_lock(*this->lock_);
I don't think this works. I think you need to write