Will these flags improve performance or break anything (also is this a user friendliness bug?)

I was searching the ld manual page to look for micro-optimizations I can use. So
far, I have collected the following flags: -O1, --sort-common, --as-needed,
--hash-style gnu, and -z combreloc. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of some of
these flags? Are any likely to be useless? Are any of these flags unsafe, and
might break stuff? Thank you, I just thought I should double check with the
mailing list after reading the manual. Also, is this a user friendliness bug
with ld? Maybe there should be a flag along the lines of --target=gnu which
enables all optimizations that don't break gdb (but may break other debuggers,
and stuff?) I really don't think I should be messing around with low level
details that may break stuff, or might actually reduce performance, and only
offer a small performance boost.