This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 2.23
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 09:53:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: Release 2.23
- References: <EFF1B4C0-3885-4580-8DA9-23540D588E9E@adacore.com> <50183FF0.email@example.com>
On 31/07/12 21:28, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 23.07.2012 14:40, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> I was rather busy before the summer and hence I didn't take the time to create a 2.22.1 release.
>> I can however schedule a release for this summer. So my plan is:
>> * I will create the 2.23 branch this week and creating a pre-release just after.
>> * I plan to do the 2.23 release at the end of August or at the beginning of September (unless there is a blocking issue).
>> So, if you have big or large changes, it would be nice to wait a little bit. And as usual, do not hesitate to test your favourite platforms.
> what are the chances to get the recently submitted aarch64 target backported to
> the branch once it is accepted for the trunk?
Doing this in August seems rather early. I thought binutils was
normally released around late October.
I was certainly hoping we'd get the AArch64 code into 2.23.