Re: Fix am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR for gprof and ld

Christophe Lyon <christophe.lyon@st.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that building the pdf docs would fail in gprof and ld subdirs: TEXINPUTS gets a non-existing prefix, thus pdftex uses some out-dated host definitions, leading to a failure.
>
> I am not sure why am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR ended up with a definition
> different from bfd/doc, binutils/doc or gas/doc in gprof and ld. It
> might have been a temporary problem with automake, that's why my patch
> only modifies the 2 Makefile.in.
>
> OK?
>
> Christophe.
>

> 2012-05-31  Christophe Lyon  <christophe.lyon@st.com>
>
> 	ld/
> 	* Makefile.in (am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR): Remove $(srcdir) prefix.
> 	gprof/
> 	* Makefile.in (am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR): Remove $(srcdir) prefix.

Makefile.in is a generated file, you should change Makfile.am instead.

The reason why bfd/doc/Makefile.in has a different value of
am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR is that it is generated with the cygnus option,
which changes the default value of TEXINFO_TEX to what is used in
ld/Makefile.am.  But automake always prepends $(srcdir) to an explictly
given value for TEXINFO_TEX, unlike the implict default value.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org