This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 68hc11/12/s12x/xgate patch
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: James Murray <jsm at jsm-net dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:55:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: 68hc11/12/s12x/xgate patch
- References: <1298845471.12108.12.camel@jsm2> <1299515895.3262.1.camel@jsm2> <4D7F247D.email@example.com> <1300201861.20997.3.camel@jsm2> <1324419607.8652.84.camel@jsm2> <CABZhLO-Ye-G1nYW1eqpdjnYG1W4zaKq+TvgzFBebJk4ash5mtg@mail.gmail.com> <1324423375.8652.94.camel@jsm2> <4EF36049.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CABZhLO_RKXkcKRGH_b-f_iVYppcgBQ3XBf9STWjZeTCwrQJhzQ@mail.gmail.com> <1324575421.2430.42.camel@jsm2> <1325800936.20629.53.camel@jsm2> <4F0C4DFE.email@example.com> <1330300482.15684.10.camel@jsm2> <1331564819.2407.61.camel@jsm2> <1333370230.16991.34.camel@jsm2> <1335197942.13205.295.camel@jsm2> <1337003987.27195.60.camel@jsm2>
just wondered if you had found time to review the patch I submitted.
(Patch is in http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-03/msg00123.html )
Sorry it has taken me so long to review this patch, and thanks for the ping.
I have now gone over the patch. There were a few formatting issues, but
these were minor. The main thing (to me) is that it works and it does
not break any other ports. So I have checked it in.
This does mean that we now have two different ways of supporting the
XGATE processor. I feel that the best way to resolve this is to see how
these two ports fare in the long term. If one of them turns out to be
too buggy or unmaintained then it will be dropped.