This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.22.1 Possible -> Yes!
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:29:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: 2.22.1 Possible -> Yes!
- References: <4F97F997.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Apr 26, 2012, at 3:28 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2012 09:18:15 Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Tristan you mentioned that you are not sure there will
>> be a 2.22.1. Does that mean 2.23 is close or that
>> you don't see enough issues to justify 2.22.1?
> fwiw, ppc32 is pretty badly hosed in the 2.22 release. just about every ELF
> produced includes TEXTRELs. the fix for it is already in the 2.22 branch.
> hppa32 has incorrect TLS relocation behavior, and plt/ifunc behavior -- also
> kind of bad. the fixes are already in the 2.22 branch.
> s390x fails to build, but that isn't technically a regression from 2.21, so
> maybe not a big deal.
> so might be nice to have a 2.22.1 release i think :).
Ok, I will make a 2.22.1 release.
If anyone has patches to backport, please speak up.