include files and libbfd.a

Hi all,

I have a binutils 2.17 (ancient, I know) port for my own chip. And only now have I realized that when I do a make install on my port, only the binaries as, ld, ar, etc are installed along with libiberty but not much else. No libbfd.a or include headers.

I noticed this because I am developing some software that requires these headers.

However, if I get binutils 2.17 and build the default backend, binaries, include headers, libraries, etc are all installed. Is there a reason to only install everything with default backend? How can I override this?

Cheers,
--
PMatos