Re: Patching autoconf to support static binutils?

On 8/23/2011 8:25 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 18:32:00 Bryan Ischo wrote:
On 08/22/11 14:40, Bryan Ischo wrote:
Hello.  I am trying to figure out how to build a statically linked
version of binutils (starting with binutils source version 2.21.1).  I
have found some old discussions of this topic via search results, but
there was never any real resolution to this issue as far as I can tell.
Hello out there ... is anyone steering this ship????
wow, 24 hours w/out a response and you're already getting punchy ?  this is
open source which means you get to figure things out yourself if you cant find
help.  not bug people even more for their free assistance.

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, and I don't think your response is warranted. Additionally, it is disappointing that you put more effort into writing this paragraph than to your response below ...

./configure
make configure-host
make LDFLAGS=-all-static
-mike

If you'll read my original email you'll note that the above doesn't work because LDFLAGS is passed to gcc by some of the binutils Makefiles and gcc doesn't like the -all-static option.

Bryan