This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GNU Binutils on OpeBSD
- From: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- To: Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 15:27:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: GNU Binutils on OpeBSD
- References: <BANLkTimp4xDT9AEva878gKefZJfD4QToYA@mail.gmail.com>
On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
> I'm building binutils on OpenBSD 4.8. I've ported OpenBSD's binutils
> patch to binutils-2.21, so bfd is aware of openbsd now. But i get very
> strange error with --enable-shared: libopcodes.so has DT_NEEDED
> pointing to libbfd.so in temporaly location:
> ? NEEDED ? ? ?/home/maksbotan/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/binutils-2.21/work/build/opcodes/../bfd/.libs/libbfd.so
> Of course, this cannot be found, and tools like as and objdump cannot
> work. And when compiling binutils on linux, libopcodes.so has only
> 'libbfd-2.21.so' in DT_NEEDED. Can you figure out what problem is
> cause by? My patch is attached.
pretty sure this isnt a bug. you probably need to `make install` first.