huge pages on linux and HUGETLB_SHARE and a coredump

So, I finally have large pages working for my app text (thanks for then
help). I have one more problem I need to fix, though:

I found that my large app is not sharing text pages when using hugepages.
In trying to figure this out, I wrote a 3 line while(1) program, linked to
use huge pages, and exported HUGETLB_SHARE=1, and ran the program. It
coredumps on process load. When I unset HUGETLB_SHARE, no problem it works
fine.

I can't find the coredump, Or I'd have tried a backtrace. (It seems to be
dumping core someplace else other than curdir).

Thanks for any help!

--Ganesh