This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A quick and probably stupid question
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Williams <tomdkat at comcast dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:08:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: A quick and probably stupid question
- References: <4BCF816D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> So, I'm wanting to build binutils 2.20.1 on a Solaris 8 (SPARC) system
> but the system has a "partial" set of development tools installed. gcc
> is installed but but "ar" isn't. There is a non-GNU linker installed as
Sun 'ar' should be installed in /usr/ccs/bin alongside other Sun tools.