This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Relocation error - how to debug it ?
- From: Ravi R <toravir at yahoo dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: toravir at yahoo dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:00:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Relocation error - how to debug it ?
when linking an executable for mips, i hit this linker error:
/usr/lib/libpthread.a(pthread_create.o): In function `do_clone':
../nptl/sysdeps/pthread/createthread.c:79: relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_TLS_GOTTPREL against `errno'
the gcc i am using is close to:
with the options like:
gcc -static ... -lpthread
Dunno how to go about figuring out what could be causing this problem. Any pointers/clues will be much appreciated.