This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Disallow ".eqv param, ebp-4" in x86 assembler
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:16:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC: Disallow ".eqv param, ebp-4" in x86 assembler
- References: <email@example.com>
>>> "H.J. Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> 19.04.10 16:41 >>>
>Is there a way to properly support ".eqv param, ebp-4":
I don't know, but there surely should be.
>I am planning to disallow it.
Why? There's nothing wrong with it. If (as you state in the bugzilla
entry) the expression indeed gets resolved at first use, this clearly
is a bug that ought to be fixed (and as we can see using a simple
register name on the right side doesn't have the same effect).