This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: libopcodes insn_type
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: dyblast <dyblast at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 20:16:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: libopcodes insn_type
- References: <4BC88659.firstname.lastname@example.org>
dyblast <email@example.com> writes:
> During my work on this library i have notice that insn_type is set only
> on few arch (mips for exemple).
> Is it intentional? Or there is another way to get it?
> If it is not, is there a easy way to implement it?
John Gilmore added insn_type for SPARC back in 1993. There was never
any attempt to implement it for all architectures. I'm not sure that
anything actually uses the information. In any case, it's not
intentionally omitted, it was just never implemented. It's not
particular difficult to implement for any given architecture, but it
can be tedious.