This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: static link with relocations
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: b95705030 at ntu dot edu dot tw
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:24:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: static link with relocations
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hello all,
> I want to port binutils to a platform(EFI Binary Code Virtual Machine). The
> image of that platform is static link, but they contain relocations.
> Does binutils have build in assumption that static image don't contain
> relocations??(ie. Does binutils support the model that static image contain
Do they use the same format as native EFI codes? If yes,
you need to link as PIE. I fixed an PIE bug recently for EFI: