This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] Don't warn when using ld --wrap and code in Thumb-state on ARM
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:23:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Don't warn when using ld --wrap and code in Thumb-state on ARM
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100329231213.GK6416@bubble.grove.modra.org>
Alan Modra <email@example.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 04:48:27PM +0100, Matthew Gretton-Dann wrote:
>> However, this change in symbol type is usually allowed for function
>> symbols - _bfd_elf_merge_symbol indicates this. But in this case this
>> hasn't been allowed because the test for both symbols being function
>> type symbols is done after an early exit for weak symbols.
>> The fix is to move the test for merging two function symbols, and so
>> whether to allow a symbol type change earlier in _bfd_elf_merge_symbol.
> I'd rather see a fix to the check for weak versioned symbols. Ian
> added that code here:
> cvs diff -r 1.10 -r 1.11 elflink.h
> And made a fix here:
> cvs diff -r 1.19 -r 1.20 elflink.h