This is the mail archive of the binutils@sourceware.org mailing list for the binutils project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
What can I ask linker to help me, if I need the whole binary padding
to a fix length?
ex:
suppose my binary is 11k. But I want the linker to pad the end of
binary and make the whole size of final output file to be 16k, like
what alignment does.
is there any command I can use?
SECTIONS
{
.text : { *(.text); }
.data : { *(.data); } here = . ; .fill : { LONG(0xff); . = 0x3ffc - here ; } =0xff
}Cheers Nick
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |