This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][GOLD] Use PRIx64 to fix compile on 64-bit.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Lei Zhang <thestig at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:10:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][GOLD] Use PRIx64 to fix compile on 64-bit.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Lei Zhang wrote:
> This fixed bug 10949.
You can't use macros such as PRIx64 in concatenation inside _(); the
string extracted for translation needs to appear as a host-independent
string constant (concatentation is OK, as long as none of the parts come
This may mean gold_error needs to take host-independent formats and
translate them to host-dependent ones before using system printf on them
(for example, using %I64x with system printf for MinGW hosts).
Joseph S. Myers