This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Q: debugging linker scripts
- From: Danny Backx <danny dot backx at scarlet dot be>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:48:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Q: debugging linker scripts
- References: <1258191835.5171.212.camel@pavilion> <4AFEBF89.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: danny dot backx at scarlet dot be
On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 14:32 +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> Danny Backx wrote:
> > How can I debug linker scripts ?
> > I'm working on an issue with cegcc : DLLs generated by it don't work on
> > Windows Mobile 6.1 and higher, they do still work with 6.0 .
> > The stuff I got from Kai is a good basis, Vincent R has given me a lot
> > of info on where the problems appear to be. Based on that, I'm fiddling
> > with the linker script.
> > But I cannot find a way to debug them. Is there a way for ld to print
> > variable values inside linker scripts ? A way to make the script put
> > stuff into a debug logfile ?
> Between them, the -Map and --verbose output usually give you most of the
> information you need to understand why ld does what it does; what else do you
> want to know? (See also --enable-extra-pe-debug, which dumps a whole bunch of
> hard-to-read trace output.)
Thanks, this helps. I didn't know that the mapfile matches the linker
script so closely.
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info