This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: doc - binutils porting guide to a new target
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: M R Swami Reddy <MR dot Swami dot Reddy at nsc dot com>, "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:56:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: doc - binutils porting guide to a new target
- References: <4AF0251F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4AF9867E.email@example.com>
Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Hi Swami,
>> Please find the attached doc on binutils porting guide to a new
>> processor/target and its intended (only) for the people, who want
>> to port the binutils to a new target at first time.
> Thanks for writing this document. What do you wish to do with it ?
> If you would like to contribute it to the binutils project then we
> could add it to the bfd/doc directory, although ideally it should be
> in texinfo format rather than plain text. Also the document would
> have to have a license of some sort. All of the current binutils
> documentation is released under version 1.3 of the Free Documentation
> License. (See bfd/doc/fdl.texi). This would be the most suitable
> license for your document as well.
> Alternatively you could maintain the document yourself. We would be
> happy to include a link to it on the binutils web site.
Or you could put it on http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki .