This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] Add support for --without-zlib (take 2)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:37:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Add support for --without-zlib (take 2)
- References: <20091102232319.GJ4531__1176.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> Tom: I tried to think about how to integrate ourselves better with
Joel> GCC's configure option (--with-system-zlib), but I couldn't think
Joel> of anything nice.
Thanks for looking.
Joel> I think GCC should have implemented optional in-tree support the
Joel> way you did for iconv.
The situations aren't totally analogous. zlib is always in the gcc
tree, and for gcj (and now I think, LTO), it is not an optional