This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Warning Help: .init_array/.fini_array @progbits
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: rain z <rain2whu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 22:17:23 +1030
- Subject: Re: Warning Help: .init_array/.fini_array @progbits
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 02:49:01PM +0800, rain z wrote:
> when I was using binutils-2.19.1 to assemble the .s file which is
> generated by gcc which contained a instruction (.section .init_array ,
> "aw", @progbits), I got a warning like that "warning: ignoring
> incorrect section type for .init_array"
That's good. You are being warning about a bug in gcc.
> well, I found out that there is a FIXME at gas/config/obj-elf.c , and
> I also have googled it, it did need to fix, and at binutils-2.13.2, it
> had already fixed it, I have tested it, but why hasn't it been fixed
> at binutis-2.19.1?
It has been fixed. The FIXME dates back to March 2002 and should
been removed a long time ago.
* config/obj-elf.c (obj_elf_change_section): Remove FIXME from
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/gas/config/obj-elf.c,v
retrieving revision 1.124
diff -u -p -r1.124 obj-elf.c
--- gas/config/obj-elf.c 2 Nov 2009 11:49:48 -0000 1.124
+++ gas/config/obj-elf.c 6 Nov 2009 11:45:36 -0000
@@ -588,13 +588,13 @@ obj_elf_change_section (const char *name
else if (type != ssect->type)
if (old_sec == NULL
- /* FIXME: gcc, as of 2002-10-22, will emit
+ /* Some older versions of gcc will emit
for __attribute__ ((section (".init_array"))).
"@progbits" is incorrect. Also for x86-64 large bss
- sections, gcc, as of 2005-07-06, will emit
+ sections, some older versions of gcc will emit
Australia Development Lab, IBM