This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] extending bfd_print_private_bfd_data
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:42:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] extending bfd_print_private_bfd_data
- References: <7B70E8E3-6EC5-48AF-8564-E2C92184FB31@adacore.com>
some formats (pe, coff, mach-o) may dump a lot of information with
'objdump -p'. This is somewhat boring
if you need only to dump a specific part of that (for example only the
characteristics of a PE file).
Is it really that hard to use grep or cut to extract the information
that you want ?
I would be hesitant about adding new code to the BFD library when it is
not really needed.
Alternatively, is there a need for a new tool, say 'coffdump' to handle
the special needs of the COFF/PE format ?